Since version 11.3.1, when the HTML5 Edition of Dynamic Web TWAIN SDK detects a service crash, a dump file will be generated automatically in the /dump/ folder. If you need Dynamsoft team to help troubleshoot such an issue, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the following path on the client machine
- Zip and send the newly created dump files to support[at]dynamsoft.com.
- Please also elaborate the issue in the email as detailed as you can. The info will be very helpful for troubleshooting.
- The HTML5 Edition covers IE 10/11, Microsoft Edge, Chrome 27+ and Firefox 27+ on Windows. If the issue occurred on other browsers on Windows, please refer to the article in the second tab of this article (v11.3 and earlier).
Dynamic Web TWAIN: Debugging with LogLevel
This article shows you how to troubleshoot with dump files when the scanning application crashes, stops responding or freezes.
To create dump files for the HTML5 Edition of Dynamic Web TWAIN, please follow the steps below.
- Install Win debug tool
- Run CMD as administrator, and type the following command statements.
You can download the dbg_x86_188.8.131.524.msi here.
The installation directory of Win debug tool is C:\Program Files (x86)\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86).
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)>adplus.vbs -quiet -crash -pn webtwainservice.exe -o D:\Users
Following are some features of ADPlus:
- - quiet: Runs it in quiet mode (to suppress dialog boxes).
- - crash: Monitors a process in crash mode.
- - pn: Specifies the target service.
- -o output directory: Specifies the dump file output directory, for example D:\Users.
For troubleshooting, please provide us these .dmp files that contain _mini_ in the filename.
On Windows Vista, 7, server 2008 and later, please check this article from Microsoft:
On Windows XP, server 2003, please check this article from Microsoft: