With Dynamsoft TFS Hosted, it is very easy to use TFS Alerts. You don't need to do any TFS server-side or SMTP server configuration. Dynamsoft takes care of all that part for you.
You only need to enable the alerts on the client side by following the steps below:
- Launch Visual Studio 2010.
- Connect to Team Project Collection (menu Team->Connect to Team Foundation Server…).
- Open Team Explorer (under menu View).
- In Team Explorer, right click on a Project and click Project Alerts...
- In the "Project Alerts" dialog box, check the events that you want to subscribe and enter your email address.
From now on, you will be able to receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org for the alerts you subscribed.