Steps on how to use Dynamic Web TWAIN ActiveX on Alpha 5:
you can download the sample code in the Attachments at the bottom of the page
- Install Dynamic Web TWAIN. If you don’t have Dynamic Web TWAIN yet, you can download a 30 day free trial here.
- Create an empty page:
- Switch to Source, choose the position where you’d like Dynamic Web TWAIN to be inserted:
- Insert Dynamic Web TWAIN as an ActiveX:
- You will see the below object inserted in the code:
- Insert a new object for the License Manager before the above object:
- Execute the page and you should be able to see the component on the page:
- Now you can use Dynamic Web TWAIN like a normal element in the code, let’s add 2 buttons
- Try the modified page
Assign the ID of the component. For example "DynamicWebTWAIN":
For trial version, the below window will come up a few times, please close all of them:
There are many params which are used for initializing the component, if you like, you can delete all of them. Also the auto-generated code might have mismatched quotation marks (as you can see above), please make sure to correct them:
NOTE: A lpk file which contains license info is necessary for deploying the application on your server.
NOTE: ActiveX only works in IE, for other non-IE based browsers, you need to use the HTML5 Edition.
You can see the component is very small. To make it larger, you can change its width/height.