1. Open IIS Manager and navigate to the level you want to manage. For information about opening IIS Manager, see Open IIS Manager (IIS 7). For information on how to navigate to locations in the UI, see Navigation in IIS Manager (IIS 7).
2. In Features View, double-click MIME Types.
3. In the Actions pane, click Add.
4. In the Add MIME Type dialog box, type a file name extension in the File name extension text box. For example, type .pkg
5. Type a MIME type in the MIME type text box. For example, the MIME type for pkg is "application/x-newton-compatible-pkg"
6. Click OK.