Warning: Delete a team project is an irrecoverable operation. All version control, work item tracking and Team Foundation build data will be destroyed from the system. The only way to recover this data is by restoring a stored backup of the database.
To fully remove a team project from Team Foundation 2010 Server, you need make sure:
1. TFSDeleteProject.exe is available on your workstation. To get this exe file, you can install one of the following applications:
- Visual Studio 2010.
- Visual Studio 2010 Shell. You can install the Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010 – ISO to use Visual Studio 2010 Shell.
2. Your account is a member of the "Project Administrators" group.
Delete the Project:
1. Open your command console and navigate to folder holding TFSDeleteProject.exe. Typically, the exe file is under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE or C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE.
2. Run the following command line:
TFSDeleteProject.exe /collection:https://sxx.tfshosted.com/tfs/CollectionName "ProjectName"
sxx is the name of your server. Please verify the server URL in your Hosted Portal (https://www.dynamsoft.com/Secure/Hosted_Signin.aspx);
CollectionName is the name of your collection;
ProjectName is the name of the Team Project you are going to delete.
3. Enter your user name and password when you are asked for the credentials.
4. Enter Y to confirm the delete operation.