As you may know, Visual Web Developer 2005/2008 and Visual Studio 2010 Express will not directly integrate with Team Foundation Server (TFS).
To connect to your TFS server to check files out for editing, we can use the Team Explorer application.
Assuming that you have already installed Visual Web Developer 2005/2008 or Visual Studio 2010 Express, the first step is to download and install Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010 - ISO.
To connect to your TFS using the Visual Studio 2010 Shell, please follow the steps below:
- Launch Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, and go to Team menu -> "Connect to Team Foundation Server...".
- Click the "Servers..." button.
- Next, click on the "Add..." button.
- Supply https://s01.tfshosted.com/tfs for the "Name or URL of the Team Foundation Server" field.
*NOTE - If you need to find out what server you're hosted on, you can log in the web portal.
- From the "Add/Remove Team Foundation Server" screen, click on the "Close" button.
- Select the projects that you have access to and click on the "Connect" button.