By default, a database named 'SourceAnywhere' is created automatically during the installation of SourceAnywhere Server.
In case you want to update the database name in SQL Server, and connect your SourceAnywhere Server to the renamed database, please follow the below steps:
- Stop your SourceAnywhere service at SourceAnywhere Standalone Service Configurator | Server Info -> System Settings.
- Rename the default database - 'SourceAnywhere' - in SQL Server. Say, we rename it to 'Development'.
- Navigate to the installation folder of SourceAnywhere Server, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Dynamsoft\SourceAnywhere Standalone Server, and open sawsconfigure.ini in Notepad.
- You can find the below SQL Server settings:
Please update the value of Database to the new name of SourceAnywhere database. For example, here we update it to:
- Restart SourceAnywhere service and SourceAnywhere Server will automatically connect to the renamed database.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. Our support team will contact you asap.