SourceAnywhere (SAW) works well with Visual Studio 2012/2015. You can follow the steps below to integrate SAW in VS 2012/2015.
- Open an existing project or create a new one in VS 2012.
- Set SAW as the current source control provider at VS menu Tools->Options->Source Control.
- Add the solution into the source control of SAW. Right-click on the solution file in Solution Explorer and click Add Solution to Source Control.
- You will then be prompted to log in SAW Server.
- After you go through the steps to add the solution to SAW Server, you will see a lock icon beside the items in Solution Explorer which indicates it's under source control. And you can see the source control commands by right-click an item.
You can also find the source control commands at menu File->Source Control.
- From now on, you can do Check Out, Check In, View History, Compare etc. on your VS 2012 project.