There are 2 ways to do the migration:
A) You can do the migration by yourself following the procedures below:
1. Sign up a SCM Anywhere Hosted account here.
2. Get the latest version of your files from SourceAnywhere to your local machine.
3. Add the local files to SCM Anywhere Hosted.
You will lose all the file history records. Only the latest version will be kept.
B) The other way is that we do the migration for you. In this way, your history records will be kept. A small fee will apply.
You can follow the steps below to do the migration:
1. If you don't have a SCM Anywhere Hosted account yet, sign up here.
2. After signup, an email with the activation link will be sent to your email address specified in Account Profile.
3. Click the link to activate your SCM Anywhere account.
4. Verify the following things for your SourceAnywhere database:
- There are no pinned items in your repositories.
- There are no checked out items in your repositories.
- All the length of the item names in your repositories is shorter than 384 characters.
- The database is not encrypted.
- No repository is in use.
5. Back up your SourceAnywhere database in SQL Server.
6. Send the migration request to SCMSupport@dynamsoft.com with your Organization ID of SCM Anywhere Hosted. We will provide you the FTP link to upload your SourceAnywhere database backup.
7. We will then import your data in SourceAnywhere database to your SCM Anywhere Hosted account.