Notice: This article is for Dynamic Web TWAIN old version, since version 10, we have simplified the process.
You can test the Mac Edition either with our online demo or a simple sample page:
Test it with online demo Please visit our online demo here. You will be prompted to download and install the plug-in, as shown below:
NOTE: After installing the plug-in, please quit and restart your browser. If you are using Safari 5.0, you need to run the browser in 32-bit mode.
Test it with a simple page You can find and download the completed sample page here.
OR, if you prefer to write your own, you can follow the steps below:
Use TextEdit to create an HTML file. Add the basic HTML tags (html, head, body, etc.
Note: Please click here to learn How to Set Up TextEdit as an HTML or Plain Text Editor.
- Add the code below inside the body element of your HTML page:
<embed id="DynamicWebTWAIN" type="application/dynamicwebtwain-plugin" height="528" width="100%"></embed>
This is the Dynamic Mac TWAIN plugin object. You can modify the id, height and width if needed, but do not change the type of the object.
- Now, just double click the sample HTML page and you will be able to acquire images from the scanner in your browser.
1. Where?is the Mac Edition Plug-in installed? The file will be installed to "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/" or "/Users/<user>/Library/Internet Plug-Ins".
To remove the installed plug-in, you can just right click on it, and choose "Move to trash".
2. How to support all browsers in one scan page?
Dynamic Web TWAIN works with all mainstream browsers:
- HTML 5 Edition
- for IE v10+, Microsoft Edge, Chrome v27+ and Firefox v27+ on Windows
- Windows Edition
- for IE v6+, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox on Windows;
- Mac Edition
- for Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac OS X
To support all browsers, please refer to this article.