When you try to send a test email in SCM Anywhere Standalone (SCM Anywhere Standalone Client | Admin | SCM Anywhere | Email Server) , the following dialog box may prompt:
1. The email server info (server name, port, authentication, etc) is invalid.
2. Your email server requires Return address and Server name have the same domain name.
3. Some anti-virus software or firewall is blocking the port for sending emails.
1. Verify the email server configuration info with your provider.
2. Make an exception for the Server port. Or you can stop your anti-virus software or firewall to see if it helps.
3. If the issue persists, please try inputting your Account name in the Return address edit box to see if it helps.