You may get the error when you try to connect to SourceAnywhere for VSS Server.
- You haven't started the SourceAnywhere for VSS Service.
- Network is unavailable.
- You are connecting to a wrong server IP.
- Firewall blocks the SoruceAnywhere for VSS port/service.
- Please make sure you have installed SourceAnywhere for VSS Server Manager. If you have it installed, please also check if the service is started at SourceAnywhere for VSS Server Manager| Service Control.
- Make sure the network connection between the SourceAnywhere for VSS Server and Client is OK.
- Make sure the Server IP you are connecting to is correct. Please check if the IP address is listed in Server Manager -> ServerInfo -> General Settings -> Server IP.
- If you have a firewall configured on the Server or Client, please make sure the firewall does not block the port you specify in Server Manager -> ServerInfo -> General Settings, as seen in the following figure:
- If SourceAnywhere for VSS Server is installed on a Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003 SP1 machine, please check if Windows Firewall is enabled on this server machine. If yes, it is likely the Windows Firewall is blocking connections from SourceAnywhere for VSS Client. In this case, please add a Windows Firewall exception for SourceAnywhere for VSS Service.
For SourceAnywhere for VSS Professional Server, the path of SourceAnywhere for VSS Service is "(system disk):\Program Files\DynamSoft\SourceAnywhere for VSS 5 Professional Server\SAWService.exe". For information on how to add a Windows Firewall exception, please click here.
If the issue persists, please feel free to contact us via the following ways:
Email Support: sawvss[@]dynamsoft.com
Online Chat Support: www.dynamsoft.com/support/livehelp.aspx