When connecting to the server through SourceAnywhere client, you may get the following error message:
Connecting to server...
Error connecting to: <IP>:<Port>
Cause & Resolution:
There are several possible causes of this problem. Please verify the following things:
- If the service hasn't been started by the administrator, you won't be able to connect to the server.
1) Please make sure SourceAnywhere service has been started on the server. The service can be started at Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere ?Service Configurator->Server Info-> System Settings. If you fail to start the service, you can refer to here.
2) If the server hasn't been installed, you can download it here.
- Make sure the network connection between the SourceAnywhere Standalone Server and Client is OK.
- Make sure the Server IP you are connecting to is correct. Please check if the IP address is listed in Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere Service Configurator-> Server Info -> System Settings -> Server IP and Ports.
- If you have a firewall configured on the Server or Client, please make sure the firewall does not block the port you specified in the Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere Service Configurator-> Server Info -> System Settings page.
- If SourceAnywhere Server is installed on a Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003 SP1 machine, please check if the Windows Firewall is enabled on this server machine. If yes, it is likely the Windows Firewall is blocking connections from SourceAnywhere Client. In this case, please add a Windows Firewall exception for SourceAnywhere service.